Monday, August 04, 2008

Autotether Wireless Lanyard.

I came across this website today. The Autotether Wireless Lanyard alarm and kill switch. The site claims that the Autotether helps to protect you, family and pet in case someone falls overboard.

According to the Autotether website.

Don’t become a statistic! In 2006, the U.S. Coast Guard reported 4,967 boating
accidents resulting in 710 fatalities. Boat safer, boat smarter with an
AUTOTETHER™!
The Autotether is an interesting idea. It sounds an alarm if someone falls overboard. Of course they have to be wearing a wireless device on them for it to work. And the device is a bit pricey at $235 a pop for the base system that includes the kill switch and operator sensor. And another $69 dollars per passenger or operator sensor. Though I guess that price really shouldn't matter when you can potentially keep your passengers safe.


Installation of the device is fairly simple. You clip the device to the kill switch. And attach a sensor to yourself. If the boats operator falls overboard then the alarm sounds and the boats engine will be shutoff. If a passenger falls overboard the alarm will sound and everyone can start looking for their buddy in the water. As an added bonus each sensor has a alarm button that you can push to sound the alarm in case of a potential hazzard. Plus the install of the killswitch is not permanent. You can take this puppy with you to any other boat you are on.

Like any other activity boating can be dangerous. However if you prepare yourself you can be safe or minimize any dangers. This device can hopefully prevent an accident occuring if you go overboard. It's a bit pricey but I'd say worth the cost if you do have an accident.

1 comment:

Dr Purva Pius said...

Hello Everybody,
My name is Mrs Sharon Sim. I live in Singapore and i am a happy woman today? and i told my self that any lender that rescue my family from our poor situation, i will refer any person that is looking for loan to him, he gave me happiness to me and my family, i was in need of a loan of $250,000.00 to start my life all over as i am a single mother with 3 kids I met this honest and GOD fearing man loan lender that help me with a loan of $250,000.00 SG. Dollar, he is a GOD fearing man, if you are in need of loan and you will pay back the loan please contact him tell him that is Mrs Sharon, that refer you to him. contact Dr Purva Pius, call/whats-App Contact Number +918929509036 via email:(urgentloan22@gmail.com) Thank you.